These guys are nutty and sweet, snappy on the outside with a slightly chewy center.
- 275g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 170g salted butter, melted & cooled
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecan nuts
- 1/4 chopped peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. Melt and cool butter, then set aside (I melted mine butter in the microwave and then stuck it in the fridge for 10 minutes until it was cool).
3. In a bowl, mix the flour and baking soda together. In a separate bowl, combine the butter and sugars with a whisk. Then add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla essence and mix everything together.
4. Slowly add the flour and baking soda mixture to the bowl until a dough forms. (This is when I moved from using a whisk to a spatula).
5. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
6. Stick the dough in the fridge for about half an hour.
7. Take the dough out and form balls about the size of a golf ball. Place them on a baking sheet on a baking tray and then lightly press them down to form flat-ish circles. Make sure you leave about ±3cm between each cookie.
8. Bake for plus minus 12 mins or until the edges start to go slightly brown.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?