Pecan Macadamia Nut Butter Rusks with Dried Figs and Pecan Nuts
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Source: Miss Lucky Pony
They're nutty, sweet, crunchy and a perfect dunk for a nice hot cup of tea!
- 3 cups or 420 g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup or 113 g unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup Pecan Macadamia nut butter - You can use any one you like or have.
- About 60 g chopped up The Figary dried fig slices
- 1/3 Cup chopped pecan nuts
- 1 Cup or 200 g sugar
- 3 Teaspoons of baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees the grease a baking dish or Pyrex that's about 35 odd cm in length.
2. Place all the ingredients into a big bowl and mix together by hand. Knead the ingredients so they form a nice smooth solid dough. I kneaded mine for about +- 7 minutes.
3. Place the dough into your Pyrex and spread it out so that it forms an even layer that touches all sides. I then baked it +-45 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Take the dish out and then using a sharp knife cut them into small rectangles. You can choose how big or small you'd like them.
5. Gently lift the rectangles out (using an egg lifter) and place the pieces onto a baking tray, turn the oven down to 100 degrees and let them sit there for about an hour or so to dry out nicely.
6. Make a cup of sweet tea and enjoy! :)
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?