Spread the love easily with this delicious jam recipe.
Original recipe here.
- 3 Cups diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 Cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 Cup sugar
1. In a large heavy-bottomed pan set over medium heat, saute the onions in olive oil, stirring frequently, for 10-15 minutes or until the onions are very soft and golden-brown. Add the sage, salt and pepper, and continue sauteeing for another 2 minutes.
2. Stir in the blueberries, balsamic, cider vinegar and sugar. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and spoon into 3 sterilized 250ml jars.
3. Jam will keep in the fridge for 3-4 weeks. For longer storage, process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes and store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?