Who doesn't love a light fluffy and absolutely delicious cake?
Original recipe here.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 cup sugar (for topping)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar (using an electric mixer).
3. Add vanilla extract. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the egg mixture.
4. In small saucepan, heat milk and butter until hot and butter is melted.
5. Gradually add milk to the batter, whisking until the mixture is smooth.
6. Pour the batter into 9-inch round cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 min, or until a toothpick insterted in the center comes out clean.
7. Combine cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle the top of the cake with the mixture.