Crispy, sweet and absolutely delicious treat that will have the entire family begging for more.
Original recipe here.
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 tablespoons Rice flour
- 2 tablespoons Corn flour
- 2 tablespoons Dessicated Coconut
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi) , (optional)
- Sunflower Oil , to drizzle
- 1/4 cup Rice flour , for coating
- Sesame seeds (Til seeds) , for coating
1. To begin making the Fried Bananas, get all the ingredients together and keep them handy.
2. We will begin by making the batter for the fried bananas. Into a large bowl, add in the maida, rice flour, corn flour, baking powder, salt, coconut and stir to combine well. Next add in little water at a time to make a thick and almost smooth batter. The batter should be such that it can coat the back of a spoon.
3. Keep the rice flour and sesame seeds ready.
4. If you are using mini bananas (almost a large finger size), then slice it lengthwise into half. If you are using a large banana, then cut it into half, then slice it half lengthwise. Keep it aside.
5. Next grease a 8 x 8 inch foil or a butter paper with oil and dust it with flour. This is so that when we air fry the batter dipped bananas, they don’t stick to the foil or the paper.
6. Fit the foil or the butter paper pinching the ends so as to leave a little gap for air circulation.
7. Dip banana slices into the wet batter, then roll the wet batter coated banana slices into the dry rice flour and then onto the sesame seeds. I like adding sesame seeds to the top as it adds a crunchiness to the air fried bananas.
8. Place the batter dipped bananas into the greased foil or butter paper. Air fry the bananas at 200C for about 10 to 15 minutes, flipping half way through so it gets fried evenly all around.
9. Once ready, serve the Thai Crispy Fried Bananas as an tea time snack or even as a dessert served along with vanilla ice cream.