Smokey, cheesey bites of juicy chicken to go with your favourite veg dish.
Original recipe here.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (use 4 thin chicken breasts, or use 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half, horizontally)
- salt and pepper
- 170 g cream cheese , cold, refrigerated, and sliced into 8 slices
- 8 strips bacon , cooked, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese , shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C.
2. Grease the bottom of the casserole dish with olive oil. I used the the oval casserole dish measured 13 inches x 9 inches x 4 inches deep.
3. Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish. Note about chicken: use 4 thin chicken breasts, or use 2 large thick chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally each to make 4 thin chicken breasts.
4. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
5. Top with cream cheese. Cream cheese should be cold, right out of the fridge, sliced into 8 thin slices.
6. Top with chopped cooked bacon (drained from fat).
7. Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
8. Bake, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts.