Perfect for weeknight dinners or as a delicious lunch treat to keep you going for the day.
- 1 x packet of shortcrust pastry, or check out our recipe for home-made shortcrust
- 6 x eggs
- 300 g Spinach, cleaned and chopped
- 250 ml of cream
- Half a cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1 x packet of Bacon bits
- Some feta
- Salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top
1. Oil your quiche dish with butter or a little bit of olive oil. Roll out pastry and put in dish. Make sure you push the pastry into the dish properly, take your time. Use a fork to poke holes all around the pastry.
2. Blind bake pastry for 15 minutes at 180 degrees in the oven if your pastry is home made if not, carry on with the instructions.
3. Fry your bacon and cook the rest your ingredients in the bacon fat. Grate your cheddar cheese and put aside.
4. Mix eggs with cream and add salt and pepper. Crumble some feta in the mix.
5. Put your cooked fillings into your blind baked quiche, spread it evenly. Pour egg mix over the filling.
6. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top and pop into the oven for 35 minutes or longer depending on your preference.
7. Serve warm not hot.
8. Can also freeze to up to 3 months.