A creamy, blushing pink dream of a risotto, made with beetroot, rosemary, a splash of red wine and grating of cheese
– 4 Tbsp olive oil
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 4 x Baby leeks, chopped (you could also use spring onions, or just add another normal onion)
– 1 large clove of minced garlic, or 2 small cloves
– 300 grams Arborio rice
– 200ml red wine
– 1400 ml of vegetable stock
– 500g cooked, cooled and grated beetroot
– 3 Tbsp of salted butter
– 50 odd grams of hard cheese, such as parmesan
– A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add the olive oil to a pan and then add the onion and baby leeks and fry until softened.
2. Add the garlic to the pan and then the rice. Stir so that the rice is evenly coated with oil.
3. Then pour in the wine and allow it to sizzle and reduce.
4. This is the long part – start adding the stock one ladle at a time stirring continuously and ensuring that each ladle of stock is absorbed by the rice before you add the next one.
5. Once cooked, add the cooked and grated beetroot and stir. Allow this to cook for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and gently stir in your butter and grated cheese.
Thanks to Miss Lucky Pony for this recipe.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?