Full of flavour, and so simple, this carrot & turnip soup is an easy week night meal!
- 500g turnips, roughly chopped
- 4 large carrots
- 2 large potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2cup chicken or veg stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 30g freshly grated parmesan cheese (can be substituted with a feta, or mature cheddar)
1. In a large saucepan, combine turnips, carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic, stock, water, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Reduce the heat to medium, or until the vegetables are tender.
4.In a food processor or blender, puree the soup in batches into a large bowl.
5. When the soup has been pureed, return it to the pan.
6.Stir in the milk and cook over low heat until heated through.
7. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
Original recipe from Prevention
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?