A chicken soup with a twist that will leave you wanting more. Made from ingredients available in your Munching Mongoose box.
- 6x Raw Chicken Pieces
- 100g Biona Organic Coconut (Creamed)
- 1 x Onion
- 1 x Leek
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tsp fresh ginger
- 4 x Baby Marrows
- 2 Big carrots
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 Liter Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbs Cinnamon
- 1 Tbs Tumeric
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- Olive Oil
- Pinch of pepper
*all ingredients in italics available in Munching Mongoose box
1. Use a big deep pot. Chop all your vegetables. Fry onions, leeks, garlic and ginger together. Add you spices. Fry until soft. Add carrots, baby marrows and raw chicken. Stir veggies and meat around so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
2. Add a little bit of water.
3. Boil water in a kettle. Add chicken stock in a bowl, add water to make 1 liter stock.
4. Add stock into the pot. Mix to incorporate stock with ingredients. Close pot and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add your chopped spinach and 80g of coconut into the pot. Put the rest in the freezer. We will use the rest on top when serving the soup.
6. Cook on low heat for 50 minutes.
7. Stir one last time and you’re ready to serve. Take out the rest of the coconut from the fridge and shave onto of the soup. Watch it melt and add more coconut flavor to your soup.
8. Enjoy on its own or with toasted ciabatta.