Sweet and spicey curry for a slightly chilly night.
Original recipe here.
- 2 Large bananas, cut into pieces
- 2 Tbps curry powder
- 2 Tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tsp dry mustard
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 4 Tsp lime juice
- 1.25 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp fresh-ground black pepper
- 3/4 Cup water, more if needed
- 4 Bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsely
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees. In a food processor or blender, puree the bananas, curry powder, coriander, dry mustard, butter, lime juice, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup water.
2. Make a few deep cuts in each chicken breast and put the breasts in a roasting pan. Pour the curry sauce over the chicken, making sure the sauce gets into the cuts. Roast in the bottom of the oven until the chicken is just done, about 20 min.
3. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and remove the chicken breasts from the pan. There should be plenty of thick sauce in the bottom of the pan. Set the pan over moderate heat and whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup water. Continue to whisk until the sauce is heated through, adding more water if you want a thinner sauce. Serve the chicken breasts with the sauce over them. Sprinkle with parsley if you like.