A beautiful vegetable curry to spice up the day.
Original recipe here.
- 1 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- Inch of ginger
- 1 tbsp curry powder, medium
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tin/400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin/400ml full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup/120ml vegetable stock
- 1 medium cauliflower (around 4 cups)
- 1 tin/400g chickpeas, drained
1. Heat a tbsp of oil in a large pan on medium heat.
2. Add the finely chopped onion and let cook for a few minutes. Then add the mined garlic and grated ginger.
3. Cook for a minute, stirring so it doesn't burn.
4. Add all the spices - curry powder, cumin, garam masala, turmeric and chilli powder. Cook for around 30 seconds until fragrant. Add a little more oil if its too dry.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Stir and let cook for a few minutes.
6. Blend until smooth - transfer to a bowl and use a hand blender or place in a blender, then return to the pan.
7. Add the coconut milk, stock and cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces - not too big not too small.
8. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes and then add the chickpeas for a further 5 minutes.
9. The cauliflower should be soft but still have a bit of bite. If you like it really soft just cook for longer.
10. Garnish with some fresh coriander and a drizzle of vegan cream or coconut milk!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?