Warm and cuddly soup for the winter.
Original recipe here.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g 97% fat-free bacon, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 leeks, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 500g Sebago potatoes or Desiree potatoes, peeled, diced
- 6 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup light thickened cream
- Toasted wholegrain bread, to serve
1. Heat 2 tsp oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bacon
Click on the underlined ingredient to reveal the quantity. No need to flip back and forth!
. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until crisp. Remove to a plate lined with paper towel.
2. Add remaining 2 tsp oil, garlic and leek to pan. Cook, stirring often, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add cauliflower, potato and stock. Partially cover. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in half the bacon.
3. Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Return to saucepan over low heat. Stir in cream. Heat, without boiling, until hot. Ladle into bowls. Top with remaining bacon. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with toast.