Is there anything better than lamb chops on the braai? We've stolen this amazing recipe from Sarah Graham, made with a delicious chimichurri salsa, and sweet potato wedges! Happy Munching!
- 4 x 200g lamb chops
- olive oil
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, washed & cut into wedges
-1 tsp dried rosemary/ thyme
For the chimichurri:
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley & fresh mint (roughly chopped)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- pinch sugar, or sweetener alternative, to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees. Drizzle the potato wedges with the oil and herbs and season with salt, giving it a good mix. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
2. Make the chimichurri. On a large chopping board or in your food processor, finely chop the parsley, mint and garlic. Transfer to a small bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Check for seasoning and balance of flavours and adjust if necessary. Set aside until serving
3. Meanwhile, season the chops, add a drizzle of olive oil and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side over a braai or in a large pan over medium-high heat. Remove and set aside to rest for about 5 minutes before serving immediately with the chimichurri and potato wedges. Add a green salad, some garlic bread...yum!
This recipe comes from Sarah Graham. Visit her website for more tasty recipe inspiration.