Clean, fresh and spicey flavours to spoil your dinner guests.
Original recipe here.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil, plus 1 tsp
- 2 x 125 g Tesco Finest shiitake mushrooms, larger ones sliced
- 3 cm Piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Reduced-salt vegetable stock cubes, made up to 1.2ltr
- 2 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 Tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 1 Tsp sesame oil, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 250g Dried medium egg noodles
- 250g Pak choi, trimmed and leaves separated
- 4 Spring onions, sliced lengthways
- 2 Tsp sesame seeds, toasted
1. In a large frying pan, heat ½ tbsp vegetable oil over a high heat. Add half the mushrooms and stir-fry for 4 mins until golden. Transfer to a plate; repeat with another ½ tbsp oil and remaining mushrooms, then set aside. Reduce the heat to medium, add another 1 tsp oil, then add the ginger, chilli and garlic. Stir-fry for 1-2 mins; remove from the heat.
2. Put the stock in a large saucepan, bring to the boil, then add the chilli, ginger and garlic. Stir in the miso, soy sauce and sesame oil, then reduce the heat to low.
3. Cook the noodles to pack instructions. Add the mushrooms and pak choi to the broth; heat through. Add more soy or sesame oil to taste, if you like.
4. Divide the noodles between 4 bowls. Ladle in the broth and top with sliced spring onions and some toasted sesame seeds.