Creamy, cheesy and delicious dish to be accompanied with your favourite protein.
Original recipe here.
- 5 medium russet potatoes sliced thinly approx 3 mm thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 220 g package sliced portabello mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Spray a 2 quart oval baking dish lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Peel potatoes and cut into ⅛ inch thin slices and place in a large bowl.
3. In a small skillet, add olive oil and mushrooms and heat on medium for 5-6 minutes to let mushrooms release moisture. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a small pan heat cream, thyme and garlic over low heat until warm but not boiling, and pour over potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir gently to coat.
5. Spoon a third of the potato and cream mixture into prepared dish and arrange so potatoes are evenly distributed. Add ⅓ of the mushrooms and cover with 2 slices of provolone cheese.
6. Repeat the process two more times, finishing with mushrooms and cheese. Pour extra cream left in the bowl over top.
7. Using a spatula, press down to compact layers and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
8. Bake for 45 minutes and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.