Tasty weeknight dinner for when you want something delicious but don't feel like spending hours in the kitchen.
- 800 g Pumpkin, peeled and diced and cooked
- 140 g All purpose flour
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- 50 g Butter
- 6 Sage leaves
- 50 g Parmesan grated (Or any hard cheese)
1. Mash your cooked pumpkin to a smooth consistency.
2. Place your mashed pumpkin on a clean flat surface and add the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3. Mix the flour and egg into your mashed pumpkin. The consistency should be soft, light and not stick to your fingertips.
4. Dust a work surface with flour and roll small portions of the dough into small, bite sized cylindrical pieces.
5. Cook gnocci in a pot of boiling hot water and salt until they float to the surface.
6. Once cooked, remove from pot using a slotted spoon.
7. In a skillet, melt the butter with some sage leaves.
8. Add a tsp of cooking water from gnocci and stir to make a sauce.
9. Carefully toss the gnocci in your butter sauce.
10. Sprinkle your parmesan cheese over the top and enjoy.