A delicious meat-free salad packed with flavour and texture.
Original recipe from BBC Good Food here.
- 250 g Cooked beetroot , cut into wedges
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 200g green beans , trimmed
- 145g bag mixed leaves
- ½ cucumber , peeled into ribbons
- 100g goat's cheese round, halved horizontally
- 50g Walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Heat oven to 200 degress and put the beetroot in a roasting tin with 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp vinegar and plenty of seasoning. Roast for 8 - 10 min until sticky. Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the green beans, cook for 1 min, then drain. Toss in with the beetroot and roast for a further 5 min.
2. Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining the remaining oil and vinegar in a small bowl, and season well. Put the mixed leaves and cucumber in a bowl and toss together with a little dressing.
3. Dip both cheese halves in the chopped walnuts so the tops are covered, then pop in the roasting tin with the beetroot and green beans for a few mins to soften and roast the nuts.
4. Pile the salad onto plates and serve with the remaining dressing drizzled over the top.