Roasted Beetroot & Goat's Cheese
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Source: BBC Good Food
A delicious meat-free salad packed with flavour and texture.
Original recipe from BBC Good Food here.
- 250 g Cooked beetroot , cut into wedges
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 200g green beans , trimmed
- 145g bag mixed leaves
- ½ cucumber , peeled into ribbons
- 100g goat's cheese round, halved horizontally
- 50g Walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Heat oven to 200 degress and put the beetroot in a roasting tin with 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp vinegar and plenty of seasoning. Roast for 8 - 10 min until sticky. Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the green beans, cook for 1 min, then drain. Toss in with the beetroot and roast for a further 5 min.
2. Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining the remaining oil and vinegar in a small bowl, and season well. Put the mixed leaves and cucumber in a bowl and toss together with a little dressing.
3. Dip both cheese halves in the chopped walnuts so the tops are covered, then pop in the roasting tin with the beetroot and green beans for a few mins to soften and roast the nuts.
4. Pile the salad onto plates and serve with the remaining dressing drizzled over the top.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?