Dinner for 2 is served. Simple and delicious pasta dish.
Original recipe here.
- 4 very thin lemon slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 170 g linguine pasta
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup roasted tomatoes
- 85 g fresh mozzarella, torn
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup fresh basil, or dollops of pesto
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the lemon slices on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for for 15 to 20 minutes or until they’re golden brown around the edges. Finely mince the lemons and set aside.
3. In the bottom of a medium-sized (cold) pot, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon sea salt.
4. Prepare the pasta according to the package directions, cooking until al dente. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water. Scoop the hot pasta into the pot, along with the reserved pasta water, the arugula, and toss. If necessary, gently heat until the arugula wilts and the pasta is warmed through. Add the thyme, tomatoes, lemons, and toss again. Top with the mozzarella, pine nuts, and basil. Gently toss, season to taste and serve.