An easy recipe for one of South Africa's most loved meals.
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Lemon, halved
- 3 Sprigs fresh rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Place chicken in roasting pan.
3. Melt the butter with the garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Brush the melted garlic butter all over the chicken. Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. Place the two lemon halves and the sprigs of rosemary inside the cavity.
4. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
5. Roast the chicken for about 1 hour, basting it every 15 minutes by using a spoon and tilting the pan to collect the juices then spooning them atop the chicken, until golden brown and cooked.
6. Remove the chicken from the oven and transfer it to a cutting board. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.