Family favourite and a winner every time.
Original recipe here.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, more to grease the pan
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 6 to 8 large boneless chicken thighs
1. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion until softened. Add orange juice, thyme, rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt, a dash of pepper, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 190 degrees.
3. Arrange chicken in a foil-lined greased baking dish.
4. Brush chicken lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Liberally brush the sauce over the chicken thighs and bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until cooked through.
7. Bring the remaining sauce to a boil and reduce to a syrupy glaze; serve with the chicken.