It's sweet, salty, garlicky and delicious and can be made in less than 20 minutes!
- 3 tablespoons butter + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 fresh garlic cloves, minced or finely grated
- 3 spring onions thinly sliced
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 300 grams noodles, we used angel hair pasta you can use egg noodles too
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced and fried, used as a topping.
- 400 grams fillet steak, or any steak you like
- 3 or 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil, cook the noodles according to the package, drain and set aside.
2. While the noodles are cooking, get a pan and place it on medium-low heat. Add the butter, oil olive, garlic, chilli and spring onions and let them all infuse with the butter for about 8 minutes, stirring often. Everything in the pan should barely be sizzling. You don’t want the garlic to go brown.
3. In a small bowl mix together the fish sauce, oyster sauce and brown sugar. When the garlic mixture above is cooked (so the garlic has softened) increase the heat to medium-high, then pour in this sauce. Let it all simmer together for about 45 seconds.
4. Add your cooked noodles and then sprinkle in the Parmesan cheese, give it a good mix.
5. Let the noodles cook for a minute so they soak up all the flavours.
6. Slice your fillet up into even-sized medallions. Add some butter to a pan and let it get very hot. Place your medallions in the pan and fry them for a couple of mins on each side.
7. Pour in your teriyaki sauce make sure both sides of your medallions are coated in it. Cook your steak to your preferred liking.
8. Serve up a big bowl of noodles with a few pieces of fillets on top.
9. Top with fried garlic slivers and be prepared to get lost in a bowl of amazingness.