Thai Coconut, Sweet Potato & Chicken Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Source: Miss Lucky Pony
A hug in a bowl :)
- 1 tsp olive
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 deseeded red chilli - chopped
- 2cm long piece of ginger - chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass - bashed
- A handful of pack coriander - chopped
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 750ml chicken stock
- 150 ml coconut cream
- 500g sweet potato, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 to 3 chicken breasts - sliced
- A handle of sliced mushrooms
- Juice of 1 medium lime
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp fish sauce
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan then add the garlic, chilli, ginger, lemongrass, coriander and curry paste and cook for a couple of minutes until the aromas are released.
2. Add the chicken stock, coconut cream and sweet potatoes and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Remove the lemongrass and discard it.
3. Pour this mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Once smooth return it to the saucepan, add the chicken and mushrooms and cook gently for ±15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Stir through the lime juice, sugar and fish sauce, and taste to see if you'd like to add a bit more lime. I like to serve it with a small dollop of coconut cream on top and a couple of coriander leaves :) Enjoy!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?