Delicious, nutritious and absolutely scrumptious.
Original recipe from Vanilla and Bean.
- Fresh Green Beans
- Olive oil
- Fresh rosemary
- All purpose flour
- Vegetable broth
- Plant milk - like almond milk
- Sourdough or gluten free bread or even crispy shallots
1. Blanch the green beans.
2. Toast the bread and then whirl in a food processor to create bread crumbs.
3. Sear mushroom in a pan, then toss in the shallots garlic. rosemary, salt and pepper.
4. Stir in the flour to coat the veggies, then pour in the broth. All the mixture to thicken, then add the milk. Cook for a few minutes to thicken further.
5. Add the blanched green beans to the cream of mushroom mixture, stir, then top with bread crumbs.
6. Bake casserole until the bread crumbs are toasty and golden brown and the casserole is bubbly. If using crispy shallots, sprinkle those on top after casserole is baked.