Delicious pockets of flavoursome delight.
Original recipe here.
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6–8 bell peppers, any color you like
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/4 cup grated cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, or salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C. Cut the top off of each pepper and scoop out all the seeds and white membrane. If you prefer a softer pepper: bring a large pot of water to a boil and place peppers in for about 1 minute. Remove from water and place in a baking dish.
2. Heat a large skillet and add olive oil and riced cauliflower. Sautee until cauliflower is tender, about 7 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower rice and all the remaining ingredients (except for 1/4 cup cheese) to a large bowl and mix until combined. Pack each pepper with the filling, how much filling will depend on the size of your pepper. Top with a little sprinkle of cheese. Pour about 1/3 cup of water in the bottom of the baking dish and bake peppers until mixture is heated through and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.