Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers with Cauliflower Rice
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Delicious pockets of flavoursome delight.
Original recipe here.
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6–8 bell peppers, any color you like
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/4 cup grated cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, or salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C. Cut the top off of each pepper and scoop out all the seeds and white membrane. If you prefer a softer pepper: bring a large pot of water to a boil and place peppers in for about 1 minute. Remove from water and place in a baking dish.
2. Heat a large skillet and add olive oil and riced cauliflower. Sautee until cauliflower is tender, about 7 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower rice and all the remaining ingredients (except for 1/4 cup cheese) to a large bowl and mix until combined. Pack each pepper with the filling, how much filling will depend on the size of your pepper. Top with a little sprinkle of cheese. Pour about 1/3 cup of water in the bottom of the baking dish and bake peppers until mixture is heated through and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?