Earthy beetroot, creamy ricotta, fresh herbs & pasta - delicious!
- 6 beetroot heads, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Pasta for 2 people, shells work nicely here (about 2 cups)*
- ricotta (or feta, or soft goats cheese)
- handful fresh herbs or baby greens, chopped (parsley, dill, baby spinach, basil)
- toasted pine nuts (optional, to serve)
*If you like, substitute the pasta for zucchini noodles, it'll be just as tasty!
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Add the beetroot to a roasting tray, drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season well. Roast for 20-30 minutes, until tender.
3. When the beets are almost ready, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
4. Once everything is cooked, mix the beets with the pasta, drizzle with more olive oil, and toss with remaining ingredients. Add a splash more of balsamic vinegar if you like, and serve.
Original recipe from Sarah Graham.