A quick and easy weeknight traybake, using up all those veggies in the fridge, and less washing up!
- 4 fat garlic cloves
- 4 fresh thyme or rosemary sprigs
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs or drumsticks
- handfull green beans
- 3 meduim potatoes
- 4 baby gem squash
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 3 tbs pesto
- 3 discs feta cheese
Use what veggies you have! Other vegetables like sweet potatoes, butternut, broccoli and sweet peppers will also work really well.
1. Heat oven to 200'C crush the garlic and herbs and mix with a little seasoning and 2 tsp oil to make a paste. Rub the herb and garlic paste on both sides of the chicken.
2. Place potato wedges and carrots in a baking tray. Drizzle with oil and season. Roast for about 20 minutes, now add the onions, baby gem squash, and chicken pieces. You can also add fresh herbs.
3. Roast for another 40 minutes. Add the green beans but tuck it under the chicken.
4. Scatter feta cheese over the vegetables and chicken and roast for another 10-20 minutes until all the vegetables and chicken pieces are cooked. Give the vegetables a stir a few times to help with browning.
5. Drizzle with pesto when it comes out of the oven. Serve with a fresh salad.
This recipe is from Wooden Spoon Kitchen.