Trying broccoli leaves for the first time? Here's a quick veggie fry-up starring these leafy greens, lots of veg, and tasty chorizo!
- olive oil
- 1 chorizo, sliced
- 1 onion, roughly chopped (you could also use a leek)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 cups mixed, quick cooking veg, roughly chopped (green beans, peppers, broccoli, baby marrows)
- 200g cherry tomatoes (or one tin of tomatoes)
- 2 cups leafy greens (kale, swiss chard, broccoli leaves, mustard greens)
- salt and pepper
- rice, noodles or bread (to serve)
1. Heat the olive oil to medium heat in a pan, then add the sliced chorizo, and fry until crispy. Remove from the pan.
2. Add a little more olive oil, then add the onion. Cook for a few minutes, then add the garlic. Cook for a minute longer.
3. Add the veggies, tomatoes and leafy greens and cook until the veg has softened, but is still crisp.
4. Season well, add the chorizo to the pan, and mix well.
5. Serve with rice or noodles or on a slice of crispy toast.
Recipe inspiration & pic from Mom to Mom Nutrition.