A surprisingly easy recipe to follow with awesome results. Definitely a family favourite!
- 2 Tbsps Butter
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flower
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Milk
- 100g Cream Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Emmenthal cheese or any cheese of your preference
- 350g Potatoes par-boiled and sliced
- 350g Broccoli florets
- 1/2 Cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. In a large saucepan, melt 2 Tbsps butter. Stir in flour and salt then add milk and stir until bubbly. Add cheese and stir until all cheese is melted. Stir in potatoes and heat.
3. Pour half of the mixture into a large bakin dish
4. Steam broccoli and layer over potato mixture in baking dish.
5. Pour the remain potato mixture over the broccoli and sprinkle bread crumbs and 1 Tbsp melted butter over the top.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 to 35 min or until bubbly and browned.