Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this fry-up is super easy, tasty and good for you! Did you know, that when you cook apples, they're good for your gut! And pairing cooked fruit with healthy fats and proteins is a great way to lower the GI. Give this one a go!
- 4 sausages (we used pork, but lamb or beef will work too)
- 2 medium pieces of fruit (apples, necatrines, plums, peaches or pears)
- handful or two of berries (fresh or frozen)
- cooking fat (olive oil, coconut oil or butter)
- fresh or dried herbs (sage, thyme or rosemary)
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Put an ovenproof pan on medium-high heat on the stove, and add your cooking fat
3. Prep your fruit - wash and cut into segments, pits. cores removed
4. Add your sausages to the pan and brown on all sides. Then add your fresh fruit, herbs and seasoning. Give it a mix to coat everything well. Make sure the sausages are on top.
5. Pop into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, until sausages are cooked through and fruit is soft.