A quick fire healthy lunch to keep you going through the day.
Original recipe here.
- 200g shelled broad beans (fresh or frozen)
- juice and zest of ½ lemon, plus extra zest to garnish
- 2 tbsp thick Greek yogurt
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 75g vegetarian feta, crumbled
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 tbsp seed mix, toasted and lightly crushed in a pestle and mortar
- a few mint leaves
- olive oil, to drizzle (optional)
1. Cook the broad beans in a pan of boiling salted water to soften the skins; 1 minute for fresh, 3 minutes for frozen. Drain in a colander, cool under cold water and drain again. Pinch the leathery jackets from the cooled broad beans and discard. Put the double-podded beans in a food processor with the lemon zest and juice, yogurt and garlic. Blend to a rough paste. Add the feta, some ground black pepper and blend again briefly to combine.
2. Spread the bean smash over the toast. Top with the seeds, mint leaves and a scattering of lemon zest, then drizzle with a little oil, if you wish.