All in one delicious breakfast or lunch snack.
Original recipe by Abigail Donnelly in collaboration with Woolworths.
- 200 g streaky bacon, chopped
- 100 g rolled oats
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tsp maple syrup
- 125 g Royal Ashton cheese, grated, plus extra for sprinkling
- 125 g mature Cheddar, grated, plus extra for sprinkling
- 125 g Gouda, grated, plus extra for sprinkling
- 280 g flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp English mustard powder
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk, plus more if necessary
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Fry the bacon until crispy, then remove from the pan. Toast the oats in the bacon fat for a few minutes, season, then return the bacon to the pan and fold through the maple syrup. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix the cheese and dry ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients, then combine the wet and dry ingredients to make a sticky dough. Add more milk if necessary.
4. Grease a 12-hole muffin pan and spoon the mixture into the moulds until three- quarters full. Sprinkle with more cheese. Bake for 12–15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle over the bacon granola halfway through baking.