Veggies for breakfast? Delicious, simple & something a little different! Also perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or lunch.
- 2 organic, free range eggs
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup broccoli (or cauliflower), blitzed to a rice-like consistency in a food processor
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- Grated hard cheese, like parmesan (optional)
1. Prepare boiled eggs as desired. I use an egg boiler to do this (what an amazing invention).
2. Place a medium-sized pan with the coconut oil on a medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and sliced mushrooms, and sauté until soft. Add the cumin and salt.
3. Once the onion and mushrooms have cooked sufficiently, add the broccoli 'rice' and baby spinach. Cook for a further 8 minutes or so.
4. Serve immediately with freshly boiled eggs and grated parmesan cheese, if using.
This recipe comes from Taste & See Blog.