Breakfast, lunch or supper - it's just yum.
Thanks to epicurious.com for this awesome recipe.
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 yellow or white onion, sliced
- 1 pound kale, trimmed, blanched 3 minutes in boiling water, drained, squeezed and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups boiled diced potatoes
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (preferably smoked)
1. Heat oven to 400°F. In a medium skillet coated with cooking spray, cook yellow onion over medium heat, stirring, 5 minutes. Add kale and garlic; stir 5 minutes. Add potatoes. Whisk eggs, egg whites, 2 tablespoon water and paprika in a bowl. Stir in kale-potato mixture. In a cast-iron skillet coated with cooking spray, cook egg mixture over medium-low heat 1 minute. Transfer skillet to oven; bake until eggs are set and center is slightly runny, 6 to 8 minutes. Broil until top is golden, 1 minute.
A baked tomato and a salad per person. Halve tomato. Top each half with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1/8 teaspoon each chopped garlic, thyme, basil and parsley; season with pepper. Broil 3 to 5 minutes. Combine 1 cup mixed lettuces, 1 slice red onion and 1/2 tsp each vinegar and olive oil.