Nice one to use all the nice leftover cheeses in your fridge.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbl baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 60g butter - cubed
- 3 heaped tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup White Cheddar
- 1 cup of Cheddar
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder & salt.
3. Then rub the butter into the flour mixture using your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Add the cream cheese & once again use your fingertips to rub it into the flour.
5. Add the milk & mix to form a soft dough.
6. Lightly flour a surface & decant your dough onto it. Knead it slightly then form a ball. Using a rolling pin roll the dough into a rectangular shape measuring about 25 x 35cm big & about 4mm thick.
7. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the surface & then fold one half of the pastry over the other half (covering the cheese) before rolling it out again to form a ±25 x 35cm big rectangle. Sprinkle the 2nd cup of cheese over the surface, fold it over for a 2nd time & then for the last time roll it out into the same size rectangle as above.
8. Using a knife trim the edges, then cut 1.5cm wide & 15 cm long strips of dough. There are a couple of ways you can make your cheese sticks, you can plait two strips together to form a twist or you can roll them out to make cheese sticks (I did this) the choice is yours.
9. Place your sticks on your tray & bake for ±15 mins or until golden brown
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?