Easy peasy caprese!
Original recipe here.
- 24 Cocktail tomatoes
- 12 Mozzarella balls
- 24 small basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Clove garlic sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp balsamic glaze
1. Combine olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic if using and mozzarella. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
2. Wash tomatoes and wash basil leaves and gently pat dry. If basil leaves are large, rip in half.
3. Thread a cherry tomato on each skewer followed by a basil leaf, a mozzarella ball, another basil leave and finally another tomato.
4. Discard garlic slices (or reserve for cooking) and drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil marinade and balsamic glaze over skewers. Season with salt & pepper.