Spice up your snack time.
Original recipe here.
- 1kg carrots, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, bruised
- 5cm piece (25g) ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup firmly packed (60g) brown sugar
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp each ground cinnamon and ground coriander
- 2 star anise, coarsely crushed
- 250g sour cream
- Nigella seeds, dill sprigs, baby amaranth leaves (optional) and corn chips, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Grease a baking tray and line with baking paper.
2. To make the dip, place carrot, onion, garlic, ginger, oil, sugar, vinegar, chilli, cinnamon, coriander and star anise in a bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to prepared tray and cover loosely with foil. Roast for 1 hour or until carrot is almost tender. Uncover and roast for a further 45 minutes or until carrot mixture is caramelised and carrot is soft.
3. Transfer hot carrot mixture to a food processor with sour cream and whiz until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover surface directly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour or until completely cooled.
4. Spoon dip into a serving bowl, scatter with nigella seeds, dill and amaranth, if using. Serve with corn chips.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?