A tasty side or starter; crunchy bruschetta, slow-roasted tomatoes, seasonal veggies, and a shaving of cheese - simple, easy and delicious!
- 100ml olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Fresh baguette, or ciabatta, sliced 1cm thick
- 1 aubergine or 2-3 baby marrows
- 100g the slow roasted cherries from Pronto Mama)
- 50g shaved Parmesan, or other hard cheese
- 10g fresh parsley or basil
1. Mix together the olive oil with a little salt and pepper.
2. Brush the baguette slices with the olive oil and grill on a griddle pan until grill marks show and the bread is toasted. Or pop in the oven! Repeat this process on the other side.
3. Slice the aubergine into thin strips and place in the remaining olive oil mix. Grill the aubergine on the griddle pan (or in a hot frying pan) until cooked through and place back into the olive oil. If using baby marrow, follow the same steps.
4. Top the bruschetta with a slice of grilled aubergine (or baby marrow), a generous tablespoon of roasted tomatoes and a few shavings of Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh sprigs of parsley or basil. Serve immediately.
This recipe is from our friends at Pronto Mama.