Rich and creamy, easy to do mushroom side.
Original recipe here.
- 25g butter
- 500g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 150g crème fraîche
- 150g full-fat cream cheese
- 15g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- Crusty bread to serve
1. Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Melt the butter in a large heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the halved button mushrooms and fry for 10-12 minutes, tossing them around the pan, until golden and starting to soften. Season well with salt and pepper, add the garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes more.
2. Stir in most of the chopped parsley, then divide the mushroom and garlic mixture equally among the 6 ramekins. Set the ramekins aside to cool.
3. Whisk the crème fraîche and cream cheese together in a small mixing bowl, then dollop evenly over each ramekin. Grate the parmesan (or other cheese) over, then put the ramekins on a baking tray.
4. Transfer the tray to the oven and bake the mushrooms for 15 minutes until bubbling and starting to turn a bit golden on top. Scatter with the remaining chopped parsley and serve straightaway, with small hunks of crusty bread on the side to dip into the cooking juices.