A warm comforting bowl of wholesome goodness awaits.
Original recipe here.
- 500 g Broccoli, florets and stalk roughly chopped
- 100 g Spinach
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 750 - 850 ml vegetable stock, hot
- Pepper to taste
1. Prepare the broccoli rice by cutting off the broccoli stalk, slicing off the tough outer layer and chopping the stack roughly, along with the florets before adding into the blender. Blitz until the mixture becomes crumbly (not mushy) Avoid overcrowding the blender and make broccoli rice in batches if you have to.
2. Dissolve the stock cubes in the hot water.
3. In a large pot heat up the oil, add the garlic and onion and fry over a medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the broccoli rice and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the spinach, pour in ¾ of the stock, cover and bring to a boil, then simmer for 3 more minutes. Puree the soup, add the remaining stock if necessary, adjust the seasoning (I only added some pepper) and enjoy!