Creamy thyme mushrooms and sweet, roasted butternut - a delicious and comforting veggie meal!
- 1 whole butternut
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 250g mushrooms
- 250ml cream
- a few sprigs of thyme (fresh or dried)
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Rinse the outside of the butternut, and halve it. Cut some grooves into the flesh, rub with olive oil and season.
3. Pop onto a baking tray and bake for around 45 minutes, or until butternut is soft. You can do this ahead of time, and just pop it back in the oven when you start on the mushrooms.
4. Heat some olive oil in frying pan, on medium heat.
5. Finely slice the onion, and add to the pan, frying for a couple minutes. Roughly chop the mushrooms, and add to the pan, along with the thyme (pick the leaves if using fresh). Fry for a further 5 minutes. Season to taste.
6. Add the cream, and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.
7. Scoop the seeds out of your butternut, and fill the cavities with generous spoonfuls of mushroom sauce - perfect as a meal for two, or as a side shared amongst 4.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?