Heart warming soup to be enjoyed on a chilly day.
Original recipe here.
- 1 Tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 2 Medium shallots, thinly diced
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 6 Cups peeled & chopped butternut squash
- 1 Pinch each sea salt + black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 Can light coconut milk
- 2 Cups vegetable broth
- 1-3 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1-2 Tsp Chilli garlic paste
FOR SERVING optional
- Toasted pumkin seeds
- Chilli garlic paste
- Full-fat coconut milk
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat.
2. Once hot, add oil, shallots, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add butternut squash and season with salt, pepper, curry powder, and ground cinnamon. Stir to coat. Then cover and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, maple syrup or coconut sugar, and chili garlic paste (optional – for heat).
5. Bring to a low boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until butternut squash is fork tender.
6. Use an immersion, or transfer soup to a blender, and purée on high until creamy and smooth. If using a blender, return soup back to pot.
7. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more curry powder, salt, or sweetener as needed. Continue cooking for a few more minutes over medium heat.
8. Serve as is or with garnishes of choice (options above). Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer up to 1 month. Best when fresh.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?