A delicious extra dish for supper or even as a salad for weekend braais.
Original recipe here.
- 2 x 500g pkts frozen broad beans
- 6 bacon rashers, rind removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
1. Place the broad beans in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes or until thawed. Drain. Peel and discard the skins.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the bacon and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and golden.
3. Add the broad beans and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the beans are heated through. Stir in the coriander. Spoon the bean mixture into a serving bowl. Serve immediately.