Baked Cheesecake with Passion Fruit Topping
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
1 hr 25 min
Spoil yourself and your dinner party.
Original recipe here.
- 1 x 250g pkt plain sweet biscuits (such as Arnott's Nice)
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 x 250g pkts cream cheese, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4) cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 5 eggs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- 170g can Passionfruit Pulp
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar, extra
1. Release the base from a 20 cm springform pan and invert. Line with non-stick baking paper, allowing sides to overhang. Secure the base back into the pan.
2. Place biscuits in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until well combined. Transfer to pan. Use the back of a spoon to spread and press firmly over the base and side of pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 min to chill.
3. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius. Use an electric beater to beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind in a large bowl until smooth. Add the lemon juice and flour. Beat until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the cream and beat until well combined.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the biscuit base. Place on a baking tray. Bake in oven for 1 hour 10 mins or until the cheesecake is just set in the centre. Turn the oven off. Leave the cheesecake in the oven, with the door slightly ajar, for 2 hrs or until cooled completely. Place into fridge overnight to set.
5. Combine the cornflour and water in a small bowl. Transfer to a saucepan. Add the passionfruit and extra sugar. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Set aside to cool slightly. Pour over cheesecake. Place in fridge until set.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?