I love panna cotta, I love the texture, the consistency and the way a spoon effortlessly slices through it like magic
- 125 mls rooibos tea, freshly brewed strong Rooibos espresso tea
- 50 grams light brown sugar
- 375 ml fresh cream
- 2 tsp gelatin powder
- 5 Tbls of strong brewed rooibos tea
- 110 grams sugar
- 50ml honey
1. Pour the rooibos and sugar into a saucepan on a medium heat and stir until sugar has dissolved.
2. Stir in the cream and bring the temperature down to a low heat.
3. While the cream mixture is gently heating up, pour 2 tsp water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top of it, so that it’s completely covered in water. Let this rest for about 5 minutes, until gelatin has completely softened.
4. When the cream mixture is about to boil i.e. when it starts to bubble around the edges, take the saucepan off the heat.
5. Take 1/2 cup of cream mixture and mix into the softened gelatin and stir to dissolve completely.
6. Add this 1/2 cup cream back into the remaining cream in the saucepan and whisk to mix thoroughly.
7. Pour the mixture into a set of ramekins or glasses and let them rest in fridge overnight, until set.
8. Rooibos syrup - In a small pot add 5 Tbl of brewed rooibos, sugar & honey. Bring the mixture to a boil, stir until the sugar has dissolved. Pour the syrup in a jar and keep it to pour on top of the panna cottas when you serve them :) Enjoy!