Sweet, delicious indulgence made at home.
Original recipe here.
- 400 g Oreos
- 1 Cup butter, melted
- 450 g Quality dark chocolate
- 1 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp. sea salt
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup pomegranate juice
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup pomegranate seeds, arils
1. Preheat your oven to 180°.
2. Add the Oreos and melted butter to your food processor. Pulse until it is smooth and just comes together. Press the mixture into a round 10 inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
3. Add chocolate chips to a large bowl.
4. In a small bowl, microwave the cream for 2 minutes. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate is all melted. Add the vanilla, sea salt and beaten eggs to the mixture and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour the chocolate mixture into the crust. bake at 350° for 35-40 minute or until the edges of the ganache are set. (The center will still be a little jiggly.)
6. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar and pomegranate juice. Cook over medium high heat stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the juice from the heat and pour in a jar. Store refrigerated until serving.
7. Allow the tart to cool to room temperature. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve at a later time. Serve topped with the pomegranate seeds and glaze.
8. OPTIONAL: Garnish with flaky sea salt.