Deliciousness in a bite :)
- 115 grams unsalted butter -room temp
- 3 tbl honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 160 grams flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp bicarb
- 200g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- ± 3/4 cup chopped pecan nuts
1.Pre-heat your oven to 180°C. Spray & Cook your cupcake tin & then line the bottom of them with cut-out rounds of baking paper, this will help the pecan nut topping stay on the cake. You can also use cupcake liners.
2.In a pot or pan add the butter, honey, brown sugar & cinnamon & cook over a med heat, stirring constantly until everything has melted. It will take a little while. Just make sure you keep stirring it so it doesn’t burn. Once done set aside.
3. In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt & bicarb. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat the eggs & sugar together for 2 mins.
5. Add the oil & vanilla essence. Mix until combined.
6. Add the yoghurt & give it another quick mix.
7. Pop the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl & then very quickly give it a mix (with an electric mixer) until smooth. Do not overbeat.
8. At this point, your honey & sugar syrup may have become a bit thick, just pop it back on the heat for a couple of mins until it loosens up.
9. Place about a tbl of syrup in the bottom of each cupcake hole. Then spoon about a TBL of chopped pean nuts onto the syrup.
10. Fill each one with batter to about 3/4 of the way up.
11. Bake for 20-25 mins. They should have a slight golden brown top and if you insert a toothpick into the middle it should come out clean.
12. Cool the cupcakes for a couple of mins in the pan before turning them out.
13. Carefully run a butter knife around the edges of the cupcakes to loosen them before turning them out.
14. Place a wooden board on top of your cupcake pan and then gently flip it over so they come out.
15. Take the paper circles off the top, if any of your pecan nuts have stuck to the paper just pull them off and place them back on top of the cupcake.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?