Guilt-free treat for afternoon tea.
Original recipe here.
- 2 ½ cups sweet potatoes cooked and mashed
- ¾ cup coconut milk carton/refrigerator (not canned)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Almond butter for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and add muffin liners to a muffin tin.
2. Place the cooked mashed sweet potatoes with the coconut milk and vanilla extract in a blender and blend until smooth and consistent.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Transfer the sweet potato mixture from the blender to the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
4. Spoon batter into muffin tins lined with parchment paper cups (for best results) until filled to the top. Then add a teaspoon of almond butter onto the center of each muffin and gently swirl around with a toothpick or knife.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean.
6. Let them cool down for 15-20 minutes before cutting them open.