Meat free delicious pasta perfect for early evening dinner.
Original recipe from Simple Veganista.
- Olive oil – use your favorite neutral flavored oil
- Almond milk
- Garlic and onion powder
- Nutrition yeast (optional)
- Salt and pepper
1. Cook the pasta + broccoli. I like to cook my broccoli with the pasta. Just be sure you’ve added enough water to the pot if you do this. To do this I suggest adding the broccoli to the cooking pasta 3 minutes before pasta is done. Broccoli is at its best when it turns its brightest green. Set aside.
2. Make the creamy base. You’ll create your creamy sauce by making a roux with flour, oil and non-dairy milk. The roux takes about 8 – 10 minutes to cook so you can start this while the water for the pasta is coming to a boil. Once done, cover and set aside.
3. Assemble. Add your cream base to the pasta and broccoli, mix and serve. Season with salt + pepper.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?