Rich and full of flavour.
Original recipe here.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, halved
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 ounces Light cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped curly parsley
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken breast and cook until each side is golden-brown, about 5 minutes per side. Once done, remove from heat and set aside, covered to keep warm.
3. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and add mushrooms and cook until slightly golden brown. Then add garlic, sauté until fragrant.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk cornstarch with 2 tbsp of water until fully dissolved. Pour the broth and cornstarch mixture.
5. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, cook until liquid starts to bubble. Stir in cream cheese and whisk well, until sauce is smooth and thickened.
6. Return chicken breast back into the pan, and spoon over with the hot sauce.
7. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm.